#1 Promotional Video

Here is my first storyboard. I decided to draw out a plan to promote the app that I developed in DGL 111. the video will have a fun catchy toon and there will be a lot of cut scenes to activities outside that you can find new friends to do with. I will make a lot of effects with text, my hifi frames of the app and short clips of it being used. I will try and take a majority of the footage myself.

Here are some examples of my app and the colors I would use for my motion graphics.

#2 Video of Art

This is my second ideation of the project. I wanted to do another skit with my stop motion apple named Sal. I enjoyed making the stop motion video so much, and people really enjoyed it when I showed him; so I decided to continue on that. I really liked the idea of mixing stop motion with motion graphics. I wanted to make it more magical and fun. I want to have Sal walking along and see a portal, it will shoot out a wand and the portal will disappear. When Sal picks it up it starts to activate and she has a dress sequence as they would in sailor moon.

Just like this

It will take about 20-30 seconds. I want to try and make the sound effects and all the noises myself. I would prefer to do this one because it would be more fun and challenging to do. I would add motion graphics to things like the portal, and the wand powers, as well as the transformation. I think it would turn out so well. I might try some green screen as well for the background when its the transformation sequence.

Independent Project – Written Proposal

Concept-Timeline

Student Critique

Student-Critique-WORKSHEET-

Student Reflection

Here is my final Video.

What a joy it was to make this final project. I’m so happy with how it turned out and the mood that it gives up. My creative process wasn’t as clear as I wanted it to be at the beginning of this project, I knew I wanted to make Sal go through a sailor moon-inspired transformation with her looks. I picked yellow, blue pink/red as my main color palettes. I wanted the colors to be bright and vibrant throughout the whole video so it had a nice joyful tone as Sal and her little buddy go on an adventure together. In my previous video, I used clay to make the features on sal’s face, so I wanted to continue that to carry the theme through both of the videos. After the transformation, I wanted to show how Sal got used to her new wand, and then I had the idea to add a new friend for her. I wanted it small and simple so it was easy to move him as well as Sal during the filming process. I liked the idea of the little friend playing with the wand to get a feel for it and then going on top of sal’s head to go on an adventure.

Editing

I wanted the editing for the magic to be simple but effective. I wanted the color to match what Sal was doing (the magic transformation was purple for the transformation). The hardest creative process was the portal at the end. I tried to do a green screen and clay as a background. In the end, I went with adding the same magic sparkle as the wand and adding a quick portal. I think that was the right way to go so it was a simple ending to the whole video.

Sound

Thanks for your recommendation to use adobe sounds for my project, the sounds had such good quality to them. I wanted the sounds to be happy and preppy. I found a couple of different variations of magic sounds on “freesounds.com” and I speed them up and cut them to fit the specific motions. I used heels for Sals walking and a clothing sound for Sal’s companion. I realized that you have to play around with the sounds to get a fun and unique feeling for your project. I definitely wouldn’t have used the sounds I used if I didn’t play around with them.

I’m so glad to of got the opportunity to have such creative freedom on making this. I hope for FIN 200 we get to have an option to have a project where I can make more adventures of Sal. Thank you for giving me such great feedback on everything and for being a great teacher!